One-machine multi-screen solution for IKON Drive hot spring bathing center
Author: IKON Drive Technical Support Department
Bathing center is a popular way of urban leisure, which provides bathing as the main service place. It integrates business, bathing, buffet, guest rooms, chess and cards, entertainment, fitness, SPA and other leisure functions. It is also different in terms of hardware facilities, decoration grades and service levels. The above various leisure service functions are inseparable from the presence of industrial automation. For example, in the bathroom, the IKON Drive touch screen multi-unit network function is fully applied here.
1. Control requirements
A bathing center has multiple bathing rooms, and each bathing room must be equipped with two touch screens for operation, one is installed on the wall and the other is installed beside the bath for easy operation. At the same time, it also requires mobile phones, tablets and computers. Operating the parameters and pictures on the monitoring screen, the PLC is responsible for the on-site logic control.
Figure 1. Touch screen wall embedded diagram
2. Hardware configuration
1. C7 touch screen: 7-inch TFT screen, 800×480 resolution, A8 CPU, 4G Flash, 512M RAM. support:
1.1. Program download via serial port/U disk/SD card/Ethernet/Haiwin Cloud;
1.2, intelligent management, support cloud/mobile terminal access control, strong operability;
1.3. Innovative A/B Key security mechanism, multi-language automatic translation, project overview interface;
1.4. Integrated IKON Drive Cloud cloud service, built-in IKON Drive cloud engine;
1.5. Multi-screen networking. Innovative network networking method, easy, fast, convenient and practical.
There are many rooms in the bath center, and each room has multiple touch screens, and these touch screens must be able to be controlled, so the multi-screen networking function of IKON Drive screen solves this problem just right and creatively.
2. IKON Drive PLC T series standard PLC, can be extended with 7 modules, comes with one RS232, one RS485 port, 2 channels of 200K high-speed pulse input, 2 channels of 200K high-speed pulse output, the program is permanently saved, and the program capacity is 48K , rich instructions, fully meet the needs of on-site logic control.
Figure 2 On-site PLC HMI electrical cabinet
3. Program introduction
1. There are two methods for the traditional one-machine multi-screen solution:
1.1 PLC host + communication expansion module: For example, IKON Drive host comes with two communication ports, one RS232 and one RS485, and expands 3 communication expansion modules S01RS, so that the serial port can carry a total of 5 host computers. If it is an Ethernet host, the Ethernet port can be connected to 6 host computer devices, so that multiple host computers can be realized. In general applications, so many interfaces are completely sufficient. However, the communication module occupies the number of modules, and the touch screen program of the host computer must be downloaded separately, which cannot realize synchronous control, and cannot realize remote mobile APP, ipad and PC website access.
1.2 The multi-unit network is realized simply through the serial communication between the touch screens. This operation generally requires hardware: the touch screen must have two serial ports, such as COM1 and COM2. The general COM1 is connected to the PLC device, and the PLC device driver is selected. COM2 selects the internal protocol of the touch screen, and the COM2 port of the host screen and the slave screen is connected through 485, thus completing the hardware configuration. In terms of software, the program of the slave screen must be exactly the same as that of the master screen, or the program of the master screen contains all the data and images of the slave screens. In this way, the function of multiple host computers can be realized through the serial port. However, the shortcomings of this solution are very obvious. The actual test will not exceed 3 slave screens, and the communication speed is slow, the touch screen operation is not smooth, and remote mobile APP, ipad and PC website access cannot be achieved.
2. IKON Drive C series touch screen multi-unit network solution introduction (recommended):
It can be seen from the previous introduction of C7 hardware functions that IKON Drive touch screen is equipped with Ethernet as standard, and this Ethernet port can be used for communication, Internet access, uploading and downloading programs, etc. at the same time. And it comes with two serial ports, both of which can be used for RS232 or RS485 communication. The topology diagram of IKON Drive multi-unit network is as follows:
Figure 3 Schematic diagram of multi-unit network
In the networking diagram, the IPs of the master screen and the slave screen are set to the same network segment. The main screen downloads the on-site control program, and the slave screen does not need to download any programs, just power on, and then press and hold the upper right corner for 5 seconds to enter the background, “Project Settings”, as shown below:
Select “Connect Network Project”
In the pop-up interface, directly enter the IP address of the host screen, such as 192.168.1.112 in this example. As shown below:
In the same way, other slave screens are also operated in the same way, so that the screen of the master screen can be synchronized. Moreover, the picture is consistent, the operation is smooth, the real-time performance is good, and there is no limit on the number of slave screens. In theory, an unlimited number of slave screens can be achieved. Of course, the on-site control requires that everyone can operate the screen independently without synchronous control. Haiwell developers have also thought about this function for technical engineers. As long as the cloud configuration software (the same software as HMI), Project – Project Properties – Extended – Advanced – Screen Synchronization Configuration:
1. Screen synchronization: Whether it is the host screen or the slave screen operation, all screen switching is synchronized in real time.
2. The screen is not synchronized: no matter the operation of the host screen or the slave screen, they are independent of each other and do not affect each other.
3. User-defined: select a bit variable, the bit status is OFF, which means the screen is synchronous, and ON means it is not synchronous. Personally like to customize, make a bit switch button on the touch screen, so that you can switch freely, as shown in the following figure:
3. Summary of the plan
1. There is no limit to the number of slave screens in this solution, the networking is convenient and fast, and one machine has multiple screens. It is very convenient and practical to apply to multi-screen applications such as multi-station in assembly lines, hotel management, and building automation.
2. Regardless of the host screen or the slave screen, the on-site operation response is fast, and the technical advantage is obvious compared with the traditional networking method.
3. The host screen is connected to the network switch, so that the parameters and pictures on the monitoring screen can also be operated on mobile phones, tablets and computers.
4. Through the IKON Drive touch screen, you can also remotely upload and download HMI programs, upgrade firmware, and export historical data records.
5. Through the IKON Drive touch screen, you can also remotely upload and download PLC programs, upgrade firmware, monitor and diagnose PLC information.